Saturday, December 08, 2007

Blanc et Noir salutes the Mystick Krewe of Apollo Shreveport; Bal Masque XXII to be Sat, Jan 19, 2008


100_0728
Originally uploaded by BrianOrrell
Says charter member of B & N Sheri Underwood, "I am going to be attending the Krewe of Apollo ball this Mardi Gras and wanted to wear something that would identify me as a Blanc member. I thought it might help in getting some new members. Do you have an idea for a good look that I could steal? I was thinking some sort of pin but I am not sure of the design. Any help you could pass along I would appreciate it.

P.S. I will be at the brunch next month. Hopefully with new members and definitely with money!"

Thanks, Sheri. Truly, the spirit of unity in Carnival is one of its great pleasures.

If you'd like to have one of Talbot's medallions, appropriate for sewing or pinning to the back of a black blazer, you may. Basically it looks like an African mask and is the symbol seen on the krewe banner. I like your idea of a pin, too. I'll try to design one and publish it here.

Anyone else with ideas? Post them, please, in the comments box.

The Bal Masque of the Krewe of Apollo will be held at the Municipal Auditorium, 705 Elvis Presley Blvd, Shreveport, on Sat, Jan 19. Tickets are $75 and may be purchased at The Vacuum Cleaner Hospital, 101 E. King's Hwy, 318-869-3197. Black tie. Valet Parking. Cash bar. Age 21 and older.